At present, most of the heads of companies and enterprises come to the decision to create a corporate website. And then the question arises: “Who will develop the Web site?”.
Basically, the main principle of choosing a site developer in this case will be – the price, but there are no other criteria for choosing, and completely forgetting that the Site is a product that has not only a price, but also technical characteristics.
- We will give some examples of an answer to this question.
- Give the task to the system administrator, programmer, i.e. with the help of internal resources.
- Ask a familiar person who is connected with computers, that he would solve this problem.
- Find a private individual or organization that provides these services.
Let’s highlight these technical characteristics of the website:
Design – (graphic design, menu layout, content)
The design of the site should look not only a beautiful picture, but also reflect the activities of the company, enjoyable in the viewing, a convenient and understandable menu, as well as the main range of resolution of monitors on which the site will be viewed.
Correct construction of HTML – code of a site
It ensures the site’s performance in different types of browsers (Internet Explorer 5.0 and higher, Netscape 6 and above, Opera 6 and above, Mozilla 1.0 and higher) and lowers the download time of the site with the minimum speed of Internet connection. You can Click Here for knowing more about it.
Presence of program modules
Software modules allow you to turn a website into a modern business tool. With the help of program modules it will be possible:
Add, edit and delete information (text, graphics) on the site and subordinate to the main section of the subsection;
- make an application for a product or service with sending to your email address;
- register users and store order history;
- to ensure the upload of files of any format to the computer of the site visitor;
- to conduct voting, questioning on a site among visitors;
- conduct discussions among visitors;
- Create an online store.
Based on the above three main characteristics of the site, you can create requirements for site developers:
The presence of the site developer
How can I suggest development of a site if the developer does not use this business tool himself, i.e. he does not believe in his product.
Look at the work of the developer of the website, evaluate and compare with other works of the same developer and with the work of other developers. Here answer yourself to a number of significant questions:
What enterprises were created sites?
How qualitatively is the design of the site?
Are sites working correctly in other browsers (Internet Explorer 5.0 and higher, Netscape 6 and above, Opera 6 and above, etc.)?
How many works does the developer have?
Who is he?
In order to secure the investment of financial resources in the development of the site, you will have to answer the question: To whom do you trust the organization or an individual.